The overall purpose of this Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (PMHN) Research Interest Group (RIG) award is to recognize excellence in PMHN nursing research and to provide recognition for the work performed by our RIG members. Applicants can be nominated by an SNRS member or self nominated. Deadline for applications is December 1, 2010.
Rising Investigator Award
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to recognize the contribution of a rising investigator who has conducted psychiatric mental health nursing research that has the potential to enhance the science and practice of psychiatric mental health nursing.
- Nominee meets eligibility criteria as delineated on the award guidelines (see below).
- The nomination packet adhered to published guidelines for completeness.
- Nominee’s research demonstrates adherence to professional standards related to quality, rigor, and scholarship.
- Nominee’s research significantly enhances PMHN knowledge or practice.
- Letter of reference provides support for the significance of the contribution to PMH nursing.
Award Guidelines: Each nominee for the PMHN RIG Rising Investigator Award must:
- be a regular member of SNRS in good standing,
- be a member of the SNRS PMHN RIG,
- have a minimum of:
- 2 data based research publications in a peer reviewed journal, OR
- 1 data based research publication in a peer reviewed journal and 1 other peer reviewed dissemination activity such as presentation of research at a regional or national conference, and
- adhere to the nomination process as outlined below.
Nomination Procedure: Nominations must be made by an active SNRS member (regular, student, or retired member); self-nominations will be accepted.
Each nomination packet should include:
- Current curriculum vitae of the nominee,
- Documentation of Current SNRS membership,
- A complete nomination form with the signature of the nominator,
- One letter of support that addresses the significance of the nominee’s research contributions to PMHN knowledge or practice, and
- A PDF copy of the publication(s) and/or presentation abstract that demonstrates the quality and rigor of the research.
- Completed packet due by December 1, 2010.
Submit the nomination packet by: e-mail attachment to Lora Beebe, PhD, PMHNP-BC, Co-Chair, PMH RIG, at email@example.com
The final deadline is December 1, 2010.
NOTE: The nominator will receive e-mail notification that the nomination was received within five days of submission. If notification is not received, contact firstname.lastname@example.org