The Research in Nursing & Health (RINAH) Authorship Award recognizes a SNRS member who disseminated research findings, or important theoretical, or methodological advances in the official SNRS journal, within the past year. The SNRS member may have served as sole author or first author of a team-based paper during the designated time period. The award acknowledges the partnership between SNRS and RINAH to support high quality, peer-reviewed research/scholarship that covers a broad range of research and theory that impacts nursing practice/science and other health disciplines. The award also supports the SNRS mission to “promote the image of nursing as a scientific discipline” and recognizes a SNRS member’s contribution to research dissemination, facilitation of career development of nurses and nursing students, and enhancement of science and nursing practice in the Southern Region.
The recipient of the award shall be selected in accordance with the established award criteria:
- All publications in RINAH within the previous academic year (Sept 1-Aug 31) which have a first-author from the SNRS region will be considered for nomination.
- The SNRS Awards Committee will review all eligible publications and make recommendations to the SNRS Governing Board for final approval. Award recipients must agree to attend the Awards Ceremony at the Annual Conference to receive the award. Recipients are responsible for their own expenses related to attendance at the annual conference.
- Must be a member of SNRS
Nominations for this award must be made by a current SNRS member in the form of a nominations packet submitted via the link below by the posted deadline. Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Only the materials specified for the packet will apply to the award review. All information submitted in the nomination packet becomes the property of SNRS and will not be returned.
The Nomination Packet should include the following in one PDF document:
- Submission of the online nomination form
- Consent Agreement to attend the Annual Conference to receive the award.
- Identification of citation information for applicant publication appearing in Official Journal during September 1 and August 31 of consecutive years.
Selection Process: The SNRS Awards Committee will review all nomination packets and make recommendations to the SNRS Governing Board for final approval. Nominees must agree to attend the Award Ceremony at the Annual Conference to receive the award. Award recipients are responsible for their own expenses related to attendance at the annual conference.
Please click here to complete the Nomination Form.
Past Recipients of the Research in Nursing & Health Authorship Award:
Kate A. Yeager, PhD, RN, FAAN
Lora Peppard, PhD, DNP, PMHNP
Debra Brandon, PhD, RN, CCNS, FAAN
Donna L. Schminkey, PhD, MPH, CNM
Hyochol Ahn, PhD, ANP-BC
Bonnie Mowinski Jennings, PhD, RN
Anne E. Norris