The purpose of the Mid-Career Award is to recognize the contribution of a member whose scholarly work influences outcomes in nursing practice, nursing education, health policy, or population health. The Mid-Career Award honors a member dedicated to mentoring the development of that scholarly work in the next generation of nurse scholars in the SNRS region. The successful nominee for this award will demonstrate progress in a program of research following doctoral education completed more than 5 years from the time of nomination. Any nominee employed in academia will hold a rank of Associate Professor or less.
The recipient of the award shall be selected in accordance with the established award criteria:
- Breadth, depth, and quality of overall research program that contributes to outcomes in nursing education, practice, health policy or population health
- Research-related dissemination record to appropriate venues to meet award purpose
- Overall impact of research program on the profession
- Impact of research in the SNRS area of the United States
- Influence on nursing research advancement and career development of self and others within the profession
- Must be a member of SNRS
Nomination Procedure: The nomination form must be completed via the link below by the posted deadline. Nominations for this award must be made by a current SNRS member in the form of a nominations packet. Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Only the materials specified for the packet will apply to the award review. All information submitted in the nomination packet becomes the property of SNRS and will not be returned.
The Nomination Packet must include the following uploaded in one PDF document:
- One letter of nomination (self-nominations accepted) which outlines how the nominee meets the award criteria.
- Two additional letters of support
- A completed online nomination form
- Brief statement (150 words or less) by the nominee summarizing how the program of research has impacted the science and practice of nursing in the Southern region, including a brief account of service involvement with SNRS or other research-related professional organizations.
- Signed consent statement by the nominee to attend the Annual Conference to receive the award (nominee may be asked to deliver a research presentation).
- The nominee’s full Curriculum Vitae.
- Electronic copies of two (2) published or in-press research articles.
Guidelines for Letters
- Limit letters to two (2) pages, single-spaced with a minimum of 1-inch margins and 10 point typeface.
- Summarize the major scholarly and mentoring contributions of the nominee as outlined in the award criteria (see nomination criteria).
- Describe the influence of these contributions on the scholarly work or development of others.
- Describe your history of interaction with the nominee or nominee’s work.
Selection Process: The SNRS Awards Committee will review all nomination packets and make recommendations to the SNRS Governing Board for final approval. Nominees must agree to attend the Award Ceremony at the Annual Conference to receive the award. Award recipients are responsible for their own expenses related to attendance at the annual conference.
Please click here to upload your nomination packet.
Past Recipients of the Mid-Career Researcher Award:
Eun Shim Nahm, PhD, RN, FAAN, FGSA
Ansley Grimes Stanfill, PhD, RN, FAAN
Devon Noonan, PhD, MPH, FNP-BC
Leslie Parker, PhD, APRN (NNP-BC), FAAN
Willie Mae Able
Tracey L. Yap, PhD, RN, WCC, CNE, FAAN
Suzanne Ameringer, PhD, RN
2015 Ann L. Horgas, RN, PhD
2014 Sharron L. Docherty
2013 Linda H. Yoder, PhD, MBA, RN, AOCN, FAAN