The SNRS Early Investigator Award seeks to recognize the contributions of a nurse scientist early in her/his research career (less than 5 years from completion of doctoral degree), who shows potential to develop a sustained program of research to enhance nursing science and practice.
The recipient of the award shall be selected in accordance with the established award criteria:
- Member of SNRS in good standing
- Nominated according to the established procedures
- Hold an earned doctorate and within 5 years of completion of their doctoral degree
- Demonstrated independent productivity in nursing research as evidenced by published research results in peer-reviewed journal and extramural funding.
- Podium or poster abstract, developed from their own research and submitted for presentation at the upcoming Annual Conference, demonstrates scholarly work with importance for advancing nursing knowledge.
- Nominees must agree to attend the Annual Conference and the Awards Ceremony where their award will be presented, and are responsible for all expenses related to the conference and travel.
- Past recipients of this award are not eligible to receive the award.
Nomination Procedure: The nomination form must be completed via the link below by the posted deadline. Nominations for this award must be made by a current SNRS member in the form of a nominations packet. Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Only the materials specified for the packet will apply to the award review All information submitted in the nomination packet becomes the property of SNRS and will not be returned.
The Nomination Packet should include following:
- One letter of nomination (self-nominations accepted) which outlines how the nominee meets the award criteria.
- Two (2) additional letters of recommendation, both from active SNRS members, which address the evaluation criteria above. Each statement should be less than 500 words.
- The nominee’s full Curriculum Vitae.
- Electronic copy of one (1) accepted abstract for a poster/ podium presentation to upcoming SNRS Annual Conference.
- Consent Statementto attend the Annual Conference to receive the award and to deliver the conference research presentation (for the previously accepted abstract).
Selection Process: The SNRS Awards Committee reviews the applications based on the eligibility criteria, and forwards recommendations to the SNRS Board for final approval. Nominees will be notified by December prior to the annual conference if they are a finalist. Recipients of the SNRS Early Investigator Award will receive a plaque and may be featured in the newsletter.
Please click hereto upload your nomination packet.
Past Recipients of the Early Science Investigator Award:
Nicholas Giordano, PhD, RN
Staja Booker, PhD, RN
Brittany Butts, PhD, RN
Julie Ann Zuniga, PhD, RN
Lucinda Graven, PhD, ARNP
Hyochol Ahn, PhD, ANP-BC
Jeanne Alhusen, PhD, CRNP, RN